CORRECT: SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense Serum
A key member of the Blemish + Age Line Up, Blemish + Age Defense is a targeted, oil-free approach to treating adult imperfections and signs of aging. This 1st-to-market acid blend combines 2% dioic acid with an optimal alpha- and beta-hydroxy acid formulation, designed to prevent the formation of blemishes, minimize hyperpigmentation, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Specifically created for the concerns of the blemish-prone adult, Blemish + Age Defense goes beyond efficiently treating imperfections to also address signs of aging. Salicylic acid and capryloyl salicylic acid combat blemishes; glycolic and citric acids treat fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness; and the addition of dioic acid fights imperfections, reduces excess sebum production, and prevents hyperpigmentation that can cause skin to appear prematurely aged.
Clinical studies on the Blemish + Age Line Up showed significant improvements in inflammatory and non-inflammatory blemishes, fine lines, and uneven skin tone, while displaying exceptional tolerance and lack of side effects. Blemish + Age Defense is a highly tolerable, efficient treatment for aging, blemish-prone skin.
Size: 30 ml
• Powerful, targeted serum to address adult blemishes and signs of aging
• In a clinical study, significantly reduced pustules by week 1, and sebum production and fine lines by week 4
• May be used all over the face to prevent and correct imperfections and aging
• Prepares skin for clinical peel procedures
• Cosmetically elegant formula is ideal for layering with other products and under make-up
2% Dioic Acid
• Inhibits sebum production
• Reduces P acnes bacteria
• Prevents hyperpigmentation caused by inflammation or UV exposure
0.3% Capryloyl Salicylic Acid
• Precise, lipid-soluble exfoliation
• Decongests clogged pores
• Diminishes surface indicators of age
1.5% Salicylic Acid
• Refines pores
• Helps reduce breakouts
3.5% Glycolic Acid and 0.5% Citric Acid
• Accelerate exfoliation
• Reduce the appearance of signs of aging
Once or twice daily, apply 4-5 drops of Blemish + Age Defense to a dry face or on problem areas
2. Apply antioxidant
3. Apply defense serum
4. Apply phyto corrective or hydrating b5
5. Apply sun protection
2. Apply defense serum
3. Apply phyto corrective or hydrating b5
4. Apply retinol if required
5. Apply daily moisture
• Inflammatory blemishes
• Non-inflammatory blemishes
• Photodamaged or photoaged skin
• Hyperpigmentation or uneven skin tone
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Combination/oily skin
• Oily/aging skin
Start low (application amount) and go slow (frequency of use).
On any sign of irritation reduce the frequency of use until skin acclimates.
Products that contain Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) may cause initial flaking, tingling and irritation to the skin. For some this may be part of the normal resurfacing process. This improves as the skin ‘gets used’ to the treatment. AHA products may be introduced with less frequent use and application can be increased as the skin acclimatises. At first start by gradually introducing one AHA product at a time into your skincare regime. Also some breakouts may occur initially, due to purging of the follicles. Discontinue use if you have severe redness, itching, burning, rash, swelling or blistering.
Do not use if pregnant - this product contains salicylic acid.
For more information please read the following fact sheet:
- Only Around The Eyes
- Facial Areas
- Oil Control
- Large Pores
- Dull Complexion
- Dark Spots
- Sun Protection
- Fine Lines