What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- first and last name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We do not store any credit card information. Card information is only used to authorise payments to Dermacare Direct.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Details, 70 Stretton Road, Leicester, LE3 6BJ. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies, IP Addresses, Pixel Tags & Tracking Technology
A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to track and target your preferences. We may place a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive so we can recognise you as a return user and personalise your experience and your use of our Dermacare Direct Site. The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it. We may also use temporary or “session” cookies to help you shop. These cookies will expire when you place an order. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookies, you may still use the Site, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
We may also use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use, as well as in combination with your personally identifiable information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
When you visit this Site or view one of our emails, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Site and personalise your experience. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your personally identifiable information.
This website uses the following cookies:
Google Analytics: The Google Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referral and average time spent on the website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.
DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
We also use the following features from Google to advertise to you:
- interest categories
- similar audiences
- other types of interest-based advertising
- demographic and location targeting
Requirement may apply to all aspects of interest-based advertising, including remarketing lists, ad content, data feeds and advertiser sites
You can change your Google ad settings and preferences here - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/