Lactic Acid Products and Creams
Alpha Hydroxy Acid - AHAs are low molecular weight water soluble organic acids that are found naturally occurring in various fruits and foods; e.g. lactic acid from milk. Alpha Hydroxy products have been used for thousands of years as a skin rejuvenating product. Cleopatra is reported to have bathed in sour mild (lactic acid) to improve her complexion.
Now Alpha Hydroxy acids are a common additive to numerous skin care products including moisturisers, cleanser, toners, and masks.
AHAs loosen the glue-like substances that hold the surface skin cells to each other, therefore allowing the dead skin to peel off.
The skin underneath has a fresher, healthier look with a more even colour and texture.
Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA's) preparations are recommended for those whose skin is showing signs of ageing.
Fine lines, pigmentation, sun-damage, acne, enlarged pores, blocked pores, scars, and stretch marks can improve with regular use.
With high concentration and long-term use, AHAs may also affect the deeper layers of the skin.
Collagen and elastin regenerate making the skin appear plumper & firmer. AHA's also makes the skin absorb other products better.
The side effects of Alpha Hydroxy acids are irritation and sun sensitivity, so it is important to use a high sunscreen daily.
Please click here for further information about Hydroxy acids
Lactic acid is a better skin moisturiser than all other AHAs. Lactic acid is a natural humectant that draws and holds water in the upper layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxy acids as a whole can increase the skin's ability to trap water due to an increased production of natural skin moisturisers (hyaluronic acid), but lactic acid's extra humectant properties make it even more ideal for treating dry skin. Lactic acid's larger molecule size makes it less irritating than glycolic acid. Also, because lactic acid is naturally found in the human body, it is not likely to cause an allergic reaction. Lactic Acid is ideal for those with slightly sensitive, dull skin, lack of suppleness, dry,mature, uneven pigmentation and fine lines and wrinkles. It increases skin moisture content and the skin's natural exfoliation and renewal rate, resulting in a more youthful healthy appearance. Alpha Hydroxy Acids are ideal for use with other products since they can enhance the penetration of ingredients into the skin. Suitable for all skin types
Listed below are products that contain Lactic Acid (AHA's)
- Non-drying masque
- decongests pores and lifts impurities
- ideal for oily,congested and pigmented skin.
• Silanol technology encourages exfoliation, accelerates cell renewal, enhances collagen production while brightening the skin.
• Lactic, L-Ascorbic and Fruit Acids slough away dead skin cells and refine the skin while improving texture and elasticity.
• Vitamins and penetrating emollients bring exceptional hydration while nourishing, comforting and softening the skin.
Regular Price: £45.00
Special Price £42.00
• A powerhouse blend of Mandelic, Lactic, Salicylic and Phytic Acids working together to exfoliate, decongest pores, fight free radicals, balance out tone, purify and heal blemished areas while protecting against further breakouts.
• Hyaluronic Acid intensively hydrates, plumping and softening features while boosting collagen production, to enhance firmness and elasticity. Skin is left feeling calm, luminous and revitalised, as the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles diminish.
Regular Price: £58.00
Special Price £56.00
Can be used both on body and scalp
- Smooths out the wrinkles
- Suitable for all skin types.
- For hair with dandruff and seborrhea,
- Reduces redness of the scalp and flakes
- Relieves itching and irritation of the scalp.£20.00
- Reduces the appearance of discoloration
- Exfoliate the skin and encourages cell turnover
- Evens your skin tone and brightens your complexion for a radiant glow.
- Breaks down fat cell
- Stimulates blood flow
- Multi-rollerball applicator
- Contains Retinol£18.00
Out of stock
- Gentle exfoliating cleansing cream formulated with Lactic Acid.
- Helps to rejuvenate the skin resulting in a fresh, healthy and glowing complexion.
- Designed for normal to sensitive skin.