Medik8 r-Retinoate YOUTH ACTIVATING CREAM
Winner of best anti-ageing moisturiser in Cosmopolitan UK Beauty Awards 2016
A true breakthrough in anti-ageing skincare disguised in a super-luxury all-in-one moisturiser
r-Retinoate® (the product name) has a light cream-serum texture with a very light but appealing scent. rRetinoate is non-oily, fast absorbing and pleasantly moisturising to address all signs of skin ageing.
r-Retinoate represents a true breakthrough in anti-ageing skincare. The encapsulated active ingredient inside r-Retinoate is patented, and Medik8 have a worldwide exclusive for its use in professional skincare. The name of this special active ingredient is “retinyl retinoate”. Retinyl retinoate is something completely new to science. A very clever idea indeed. It is a hybrid molecule made by fusing Retinoic Acid with Retinol. This new molecule exhibits properties of both materials - improving retinol outcomes without the retinoic acid side-effects.
Benefits for retinyl retinoate:
- It is more powerful than Retinol, up to 8x more collagen stimulation
- It has much less irritation than Retinol making it suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
- It is more photostable than Retinol so it can be used day and night (always still use Sunscreen)
- Retinyl retinoate can visibly reduce pigmentation
- Retinyl retinoate works fast - significant results for most users in as little as 6 weeks
- Retinyl retinoate visibly reduces blemishes and contributes to a healthy complexion
The new r-Retinoate cream-serum demonstrates remarkable stability and in combination with Vitamin C and Vitamin E shows remarkable effectiveness in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin looks visually more plumped, even and with a bright surface after 6 weeks and results continue to improve up to 12 weeks and beyond. Key ingredients:
● Retinyl Retinoate: exclusive and patented active, proven to be more effective yet less irritating than Retinol to stimulate collagen synthesis, skin cell turnover and to help to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and improve the skin’s texture
● Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant to quench free radicals. Also an effective anti-ageing and moisturising ingredient
● Vitamin C: an antioxidant which quenches UV-induced free radicals to fight against visible signs of ageing. Vitamin C and vitamin E combination synergistically boosts overall antioxidant effect.
● Hyaluronic Acid draws moisture to the skin and supports skin structure keeping it hydrated and supple
● Glycerin an effective humectant that supports the skin’s natural barrier function
r-Retinoate: light cream-serum texture, light fragrance, non-oily, fast absorbing and moisturising
After cleansing in the morning and evening, apply a small amount and blend evenly across whole facial area, neck and décolletage. Leave to absorb before applying your regular Medik8 hydrator if desired. All vitamin A products encourage natural exfoliation, therefore always wear sunscreen while using r-Retinoate.
Do not use if pregnant
Take a look at Andrea's Product Review of the Medik8 r-Retinoate