Topical growth factors are the latest trend in skin care taking your complexion beyond AHAs, retinols and topical vitamin C to improve the health and appearance of your sun damaged and aging skin without burning, peeling or irritation.
Scientists are developing ways to hinder the aging process by growing new skin more rapidly. They are using growth factors as a way to maintain skin's youth. Growth Factors or Proteins promote the organisation and maintenance of cells and tissues within our bodies.
The 3 different growth factors and their functions:
- Transforming Growth Factor-Beta (TGF-ß): Significantly boosts collagen and elastin production while inhibiting the enzymes that destroy the collagen-elastin matrix. TGF-ß also repairs skin damage and calms the cellular inflammation that promotes the ageing process.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): Works mainly on the outermost layers of the skin and has the remarkable ability to repair skin damage and increase the production of new skin cells. EGF is also essential for vibrant, radiant skin.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF): Speaking directly with the fibroblasts in the lower layers of the skin, FGF instructs these cells to produce collagen and elastin to renew the skin's support structure and improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Growth factors play an important role in healing of UV ray damaged skin. Young skin has an abundance of growth factors that signal the fibroblast cells to produce and maintain this matrix. As we get older, growth factors become less, causing the fibroblasts to get sluggish. As the production of collagen- and elastin-producing fibroblasts slow down, enzymes in the skin begin to destroy the supportive matrix faster than it can be replenished and that’s when fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and other signs of ageing appear.
Growth Factors to regenerate & repair skin cells
Extracted from cultured epidermal cells, placental cells, colustrum, and even plants, growth factors are compounds that act as chemical messengers between cells, turning on and off a variety of cellular activities. Growth factors increase the rate at which cells in the body grow. They play a role in cell division, new cell and blood vessel growth, and collagen and elastin production and distribution.
This science was originally developed to treat burn victims as growth factors are very healing and help to regenerate new, healthy skin. Likewise, the use of growth factors for ageing skin has been shown to positively counteract ageing and photo-damage, specifically loss of elasticity, uneven skin tone and thinning of the epidermis.
When applied topically to ageing skin, growth factors can speed cell turnover, increase skin thickness and restore luminosity. Natural growth factors like TGF can stimulate stem cells to damaged areas to reproduce and provide the necessary boost to repair the damaged cells, which results in new tissue and a decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Jan Marini Transformation product range also contain growth factors - TGF beta-1 & Vascular growth factor which are essential for the normal production of collagen and elastin, which may help keep skin young-looking indefinitely.
HydroPeptide Power Serum - Line Lifting Transformation blends 6 different peptides to fight the visible signs of ageing. Genetic growth factors optimise cell renewal to increase firmness and elasticity as vitamin A diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
AQ Skin Solutions focuses on a scientific and natural approach to skin care. Their products contain hi-purity human fibroblast growth factors. These growth factors are naturally made by the body’s fibroblast (skin) cells. As we age, the production of these growth factors decreases, resulting in the inability of the skin to rejuvenate. Supplementing the skin with these growth factors can help the skin naturally rejuvenate itself, returning the skin to its youthful state.
AQ Skin Solutions Active Serum should be applied lightly over clean skin on the entire face, neck, and chest areas. Moderate skin renewal may occur within two weeks, but optimal improvement is usually seen after six weeks of daily use:
- • Skin looks significantly younger with regular use
- • Diminishes wrinkles and fine lines
- • Gives skin a youthful glow and gradually fades sun/age spots
- • Growth Factor technology restores youthful skin function to repair damage
A firmer, smoother complexion with brighter, more even skin tone...
Daily use of Active Serum will produce a firmer, smoother complexion with brighter, more even skin tone, diminish fine lines and wrinkles and reduce or eliminate sun/age spots and hyperpigmentation. The surface of skin is moisturised for an instant plumping and smoothing effect. The pure, non-greasy formula has a clean smell and will not clog pores or irritate sensitive skin.
RRP £ 80.00
- Superb moisturising base
- Includes added anti-aging agents
- Encourages a refined, smoother-looking skin texture
- Suitable for dry, normal and combination skin.
RRP £ 80.00
- Oil free, non-comedogenic formula absorbs immediately
- Includes two newly developed Pentapeptides Transformation Growth Factor beta-1, and Vascular Growth Factor
- Supplemental agents include Hyaluronic Acid and Nayad, and our unique hydrating complex
- Works with glycolic acid products, topical medications and make-up.
- Paraben Free
- Dramatically lessens the visible signs of aging
- Unique lubrication and hydrating factors
- Timed-release, micronized delivery system
- Suitable for any skin type .
- Revives skin at the cellular level
- Improves firmness and elasticity
- Prevents against cell damage
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Stimulates collagen production
- Fights free radical damage
- Uses growth factor technology
- Suitable for all skin types.