Jan Marini's Summer Skin Tips
By Jan Marini
1. Dewy-looking skin is in. But, if your skin has passed dewy and is rapidly approaching "oil slick,” there is help.
◦Trade your normal moisturizers for an oil-absorbent, antioxidant-packed product.
See C-ESTA Serum Oil Control.
◦Make certain your regular skin care routine includes an alpha hydroxy product. This keeps the skin looking resurfaced and fresh, and may help to thin and even distribute excess oil. See Bioclear.
◦Using a proteolytic exfoliating enzyme mask can immediately make skin look less oily and more refined.
2. Airplanes can be extremely dehydrating to facial skin. The best defense is to implement an offense. First, apply a heavier or more emollient moisturizer before the flight. During the trip, you can mist your face with water or a hydrating spray. To seal in the spray, you can apply additional moisturizer. See Transformation Cream.
3. The sun is not only deadly to your skin, but sun-induced tans can be splotchy and dry looking. New sunless tanning technology can give your skin a flawless golden glow that you can adjust to your desired depth of color.
4. Want to extend your sunless tan? Daily, mix one part Sunless Tanner and one part Bioglycolic Hand and Body, and apply like you would any body moisturizers. You'll give your sunless tan a streak-free gradual boost that will keep the color rich, smooth and glowing.
To gradually tan your face, mix one part sunless tanner and one part Transformation Cream.or Serum. Apply in the AM and enjoy a glowing "just right” gradual tan.
5. One of the biggest summer misconceptions is that sunbathing helps to clear up breakouts. Sun exposure may initially appear to dry up the blemish on the surface but meanwhile the sun only stimulates more oil production and exacerbates the acne process.
Plus, sun exposure helps to create those nasty dark spots that are left after the blemish clears up. So think of sunscreen as your friend. Plus now there is sunscreen with oil control that can leave your skin feeling balanced and even help to prevent breakouts! See Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30.
6. So you want a polished look on the beach or in those casual summer activities, but sans the full makeup? Tinted sunscreen is a terrific option. See Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant Tinted SPF 30. .
A tinted sunscreen can even skin tone and give a sun-kissed glow, and is also a great protection tool. And as an added plus, Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant Tinted SPF 30 also has a selective oil control component.