Only available for sale to customers living in the UK and Ireland
For outside the UK & Ireland please call 03330 14 24 34
Previously known as BetaCleanse Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser - New Packaging, Same Formula
Anti-Bacterial Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser
Designed for acneic and problem skin, Medik8 Clarifying Foam is a lightweight, gentle formula that leaves skin feeling cool, refreshed and thoroughly clean removing dirt, oil, impurities and make-up as well as uncloging pores but without over drying the skin, causing irritation or stripping its natural protective oils.
Clarifying Foam contains a powerful complex of active ingredients, including 2% Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, L-Mandelic acid, Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Tea Tree Oil. These actives improve the function of the skin and regulate the work of sebaceous glands. Salicylic Acid helps the skin to shed dead cells, decreases redness and inflammation, prevents pore-clogging and refines skin texture. L-mandelic acid is a unique lipid-soluble alpha hydroxy acid allowing pore-deep cleansing together with Glycolic acid style exfoliation but without the stinging. Chlorhexidine Gluconate (included as a preservative) and Tea Tree oil are well known for their numerous antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal and anti-microbial effects. Niacinamide, on the other hand, provides potent anti-inflammatory activity without the risk of inducing bacterial resistance.
Size: 150 ml, Self foaming pump bottle - up to 100 applications
- Only gentle surfactants (cleansing agents) are used in betaCleanse to ensure no skn disruption
- Foaming pump allows gentle application to the face, without the need for vigorous rubbing to create foam
- Salicylic acid helps to gently remove the skin cells that are ‘clogging up’ pores and contributing to outbreaks.
- By removing the most superficial skin layer, Salicylic acid allows the other active ingredients to penetrate
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3 complex) has anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulates the production of sebum
- Both salicylic acid and nicotinic acid have a keratin-dissolving property to help alleviate sebum blocking the pores
- L-Mandelic acid is a potent exfoliator but unlike Glycolic acid, does not irritate, cause erythema or burning
- L-Mandelic acid also demonstrates antiseptic activity, making it suitable for hypersensitive acne-prone skin types
- Tea Tree oil is an established natural antibacterial agent
- Chlorhexadine Gluconate (used as a preservative) has inate anti-bacterial action
Suitable for acneic and oily skin
Cleanse skin twice daily. Pump a small amount of cleanser into the wet palm of the hand and massage face and neck area. Leave on the skin for a few minutes then rinse face throughly and pat dry. Don't use as an eye make up remover.
Do not use if pregnant - this product contains salicylic acid
Products that contain Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA's) may cause initial flaking, tingling or irriation to the skin. For some this may be part of the normal resurfacing process.This generally improves as the skin ‘gets used’ to the treatment. AHA products may be introduced with less frequent use, and application can be increased as the skin acclimates. At first start by gradually introducing one AHA product at a time into your skincare regime.
Discontinue use if you have severe redness, itching, burning, rash, swelling or blistering.
It is recommended to apply a sunscreen daily when using products that contain Alpha Hydroxy acids (AHA's).
Clarifying Foam contains no Parabens and no SLES (or similar harsh detergents) which can irritate the skin and is 100% soap free
We also recommend
Regular Price: £32.00
Special Price £20.00