Medik8 Blemish SOS
Acne Treatment Gel – Professional Strength Acne treatment
Blemish SOS is designed for use on individual blemishes or larger problem areas. For use during the day, with the option of nightly application to the entire face to control more severe acne. A fusion of spot-fighting actives include salicylic acid for its exfoliating ability; sloughing away dead surface skin and penetrating deep inside the pores to not only remove excess sebum, but to aid the prevention of future breakouts by neutralising bacteria. This action is further enhanced with the inclusion of niacinamide, which reduces sebum production as well as boasting powerful anti-inflammatory properties to alleviate the unwanted redness and discomfort associated with acne and spot breakouts. Azelaic acid possesses an effective decongesting function, also working in conjunction with niacinamide to soothe irritation.
Azelaic Acid - deeply penetrating anti-inflammatory and comedolytic properties. It is considered to be similar to hydroxy acids: helping to regulate cell turnover, whilst assisting with the reduction of comedones and congestion.
Salicylic Acid - blocked pores are cleared as dead surface skin is sloughed away, preventing congested skin
Niacinamide - also known as vitamin B3; exhibits anti-inflammatory action, whilst reducing redness and irritation. Reduces the rate of sebum production and aids with exfoliation, preventing pore blockages, which can lead to spots
Dioic Acid - proposed to reduce sebum output and therefore helps to reduce the P. Acnes bacteria.
- Powerful anti-acne action. Can be used day and night
- Suitable for application underneath make-up post-cleansing
- Once dry, will not affect your usual skincare and make-up regime
- Contains azelaic and salicylic acids to act as exfoliants, removing dead skin cells to unclog pores and improve skin’s texture and tone for a smoother, more refinned appearance
- Calms redness fast. Anti-inflammatory properties help to heal existing breakouts and prevent future blemishes from forming
- Reduces the discomfort often experienced when spots are inflamed and sore
- Salicylic acid cleanses deep inside the pore, clearing out excess sebum and dead skin cells to decrease the chance of bacterial infection
- Rosemary oil is included for its botanical antioxidant quality,fighting free radical damage
- Unlike typical anti-acne treatments which induce dryness, niacinamide retains essential moisture, keeping the targeted area hydrated and supple
Size: 15ml tube
Do not use if pregnant - this product contains salicylic acid
Packaged in a handy tube so can be taken on the move. Leaves an invisible film, that does not peel off, so that concealer can be added on top.
Suitable for all skin types, especially aimed at those with acneic or oily skin prone to imperfections.
A treatment for individual spots or larger breakout areas
In the morning and/or evening after cleansing, dispense an adequate amount of Blemish SOS onto a clean finger (one drop should cover one blemish). Gently apply Blemish SOS onto the blemish, rubbing in carefully to maximise penetration. Alternatively it can be applied to the entire face for a complete spot-fighting treatment, which can cause some localised stinging. Wait a few minutes for betaGel to dry before applying any other products.