Keratosis Pilaris Treatments
The exact cause of KP is unknown. There seems to be
The exact cause of KP is unknown. There seems to be a problem with overproduction of the keratin part of the skin called hyperkeratinization.
keratosis pilaris responds well to exfoliating agents, such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, and Salicylic Acid , much in the same way as does acne.
AHA's & BHA's can assist in loosening glue like attachements that play a role in abnormal keratinization. Consistent use of exfoliating products can minimize or resolve the grainy skin texture and bumpiness associated with this condition.
Listed below are our recommended Exfoliating body products to hep manage keratosis pilaris
- Alcohol-free, alpha/beta hydroxy acid toner
- Helps with removing flaky skin and brightening the complexion
- Prevents clogged pores so improves blackheads
- Ideal for all skin types.£23.00
- Regulating gel for oily, acne-prone skin
- controls the secretion of sebum
- exfoliates dead cells
- contains 15% Glycolic acid and 5% Ammonium hydroxide.£29.99
- High strength, restorative anti-aging cream
- smoothes and protects the skin
- contains 18% glycolic acid, lactobionic acid and vitamin E
- suitable for all skin types except sensitive.
- Fragrance-free formulation
- treats severe dry skin and hyperkeratotic conditions
- helps reduce scaling and flaking
- contains 20% Alpha Hydroxy Acids.
- Light lotion for face and body
- improves skin's appearance and texture
- contains 8% glycolic acid, 2% citric acid
- deal for first time AHA users with non-sensitive skin.
- Exfoliating body lotion
- stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis
- firms and tones
- suitable for all skin types.
RRP - £37.00
-Contains Glycolic Acid, a natural exfoliant
-Non-irritating, soap free
-Encourages a soft, smoother and more refined skin texture
-Suitable for all skin types
RRP - £37.00
- Suitable for only very oily skin
- Cleans deep inside the follicles
- Lathers well and leaves skin feeling soft and clean.
Hydration and treatment of acne-prone oily skin.