Ingrown Hair Treatments
Most people experience ingrown hairs, also known as pseudofolliculitis barbae or razor bumps. Ingrown hairs happen when the end of the hair shaft is shaved very low, curling back into the same hair follicle as it grows.
An ingrown hair irritates the skin. It produces a raised, red bump (or group of bumps) that looks like a little pimple. Sometimes an ingrown hair can form a painful, boil-like sore. In men, ingrown hairs often pop up as a bunch of little bumps on the chin, cheeks, or neck after they've shaved. In women, ingrown hairs are common on the legs.
Daily exfoliating is a key to managing ingrown hairs.
The most effective exfoliating ingredients to help manage and prevent in grown hairs are Salicylic acid
products, Azelaic acid & Glycolic acid
Also PAPULEX products are especially suitable for the care of the skin during shaving . After shaving put the cream/gel immediately on the shaved parts. This way, irritating shaving spots do not even appear.
Folliculitis is an infection of the hair follicles in the skin. Sometimes, antibiotic creams or tablets are needed to treat the infection.
Listed below are our recommended Exfoliating body products to hep manage and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Regulating gel for oily, acne-prone skin
- controls the secretion of sebum
- exfoliates dead cells
- contains 15% Glycolic acid and 5% Ammonium hydroxide.£29.99
RRP - £38.00
- Suitable for only very oily skin
- Cleans deep inside the follicles
- Lathers well and leaves skin feeling soft and clean.
RRP - £38.00
-Contains Glycolic Acid, a natural exfoliant
-Non-irritating, soap free
-Encourages a soft, smoother and more refined skin texture
-Suitable for all skin types
- Immediately improves roughened or calloused areas
- Includes moisturising and soothing botanical extracts
- Combines glycolic acid and polished granules to provide an exceptional level of body skin rejuvenation
- Suitable for all skin types, especially dry and sun damaged skin
- Exfoliating body lotion
- stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis
- firms and tones
- suitable for all skin types.
- High strength, restorative anti-aging cream
- smoothes and protects the skin
- contains 18% glycolic acid, lactobionic acid and vitamin E
- suitable for all skin types except sensitive.
- Helps reduce skin blemishes
- Gently cleanses the skin
- Soothes and moisturises
- Gentle soap-free formula
- Non-comedogenic (does not block pores)
- Can be used day and night
- Fragrance free
- Helps control oily skin
- Moisturises and mattifys the skin£18.00
- Provides intensive anti-blemish skincare for localised spots and promotes their disappearance on the face or other small areas
- Non-photosensitising, paraben-free and fragrance-free£17.00