Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs)
Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs), such as gluconolactone and lactobionic acid, are very similar to Alpha Hydroxy acids (AHA’s) for it’s anti-aging effects to the skin (exfoliation & hydration). They are highly moisturising exfoliants and are typically gentler on the skin & less irritating,so ideal for sensitive or dry skin types.
The significant difference between PHA’s and AHA’s is that Alpha hydroxy is a single strand molecule allowing for quick penetration into the skin.
Poly hydroxy is a multiple strand molecule due to the larger size skin penetration is slower, gentler absorption rate, reducing any side effects such as stinging or irritation. For this reason, PHAs offer a distinct advantage over conventional AHAs (glycolic acid and lactic acid) when used on sensitive skin, such as rosacea, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, ichthyosis, keratosis pilaris and eczema.
In addition to exfoliating and hydrating benefits, PHA offers antioxidant properties to block oxygen free-radical induced tissue damage, so therefore preventing photoaging and no increase in sun sensitivity.
Click here for more information about Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs)
Listed below are products that contain Polyhydroxy acids(PHA's)
- Formulated to synergistically restore skin’s essential cells
- Designed to rebuild the deep matrix for
- Skin that is firmer and more lifted
- Reduce oxidative damage
- 8 powerful, multi-action antioxidants combat oxidative damage and protect the skin from premature aging
- Bionic and Polyhydroxy Acids help prevent sun-induced cellular damage
- Citric Acid, Lilac, Green Tea and Chardonnay Grape Seed Extracts work together to neutralize free radicals and help preserve healthy DNA
Suitable for all skin types especially dry/mature
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Plumps and firms skin.
- Soap free
- Effectively cleans & removes makeup
- Prepares skin for maximum efficacy from treatment products
- Suitable for all skin types
- Foaming solution in a self-foaming pump
clinically proven to reverse the look of deep wrinkles and sagging skin from the inside out
- Deep pore cleansing
- Dissolves impurities
- Reduces bacteria that can worsen acne or rosacea
- Ideal for Normal to oily skin Problematic skin conditions such as blemishes or rosacea
- Intensive daily-use treatment serum for all skin types
- reduces the appearance of fine lines, pore size,and hyperpigmentation
- contains Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C, Vitamin E.
- Fragrance-free, lightweight lotion
- soothes, conditions and moisturizes dry skin
- contains12% gluconolactone, 3% lactobionic acid and vitamin E
- suitable for sensitive and extremely dry, scaly skin.
- Highly emollient face cream
- visibly reduces the signs of photoaging
- contains 8% Gluconolactone and 4% Lactobionic acid
- suitable for dry, sensitive, Redness and post-procedure skin.