The Amazing Benefits of Exfoliation + Which one to choose?
An exfoliant aids to restore the natural process of skin turnover.
In gently removing dead skin cells it can unclog pores helping to prevent breakouts, encourage collagen production and rehydrate the skin resulting in healthy rejuvenated skin.
– Minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
– Improving skintone and texture
– Increasing hydration
– de-clogging, refining and reducing enlarged pores
All exfoliates whether it’s a AHA – Alpha Hydroxy Acid (Glycolic acid, Lactic Acid), PHA – Polyhydroxy acids ( gluconolactone lactobionic acid) or a BHA- Beta-Hydroxy Acid (salicylic acid) help reduce wrinkles, pores, improve skin tone & texture by stimulating the production of collagen.
Exfoliating acids are a common additive to numerous skin care products including moisturisers, cleanser, toners, peels, and masks.
– Sun damaged skin
– Ageing skin
– Removes dead skin cells on the skin’s surface
– Improves skintone & texture
– Dry skin types
– Sensitive Skin types (cannot tolerate glycolic acid)
– Increases skin hydration
– Improve skintone and reduced pore appearance
– Ezcema or dry skin condition
– Rosacea-prone skin
– Sensitive skin
– Gentler on the skin & less irritating
– helps strengthen skin barrier function
– Antioxidant properties
– Oily skin
– Acne and breakouts
– Enlarged pores
– Acne Rosacea-prone skin
– Removes dead skin cells on the surface and in the pores
– Fights breakouts, Milia and enlarged pores
– Anti-inflammatory properties
Do’s & Don’t of using an exfoliate:
– Increase % slowly start low and work up
– Trial with different strengths of exfoliates to see which concentration gives you the best results
– Don’t introduce all exfoliating products at once
– Don’t use around the eye area or to remove make-up
– Make sure you are applying sunscreen daily
Caution: When you initially start using exfoliating products you can experience breakouts, flaking and tinglying.
If you’re still a bit confused about which exfoliant to choose, contact our advice team for help