How to use the PMD Personal Microderm device
PMD is a well-known tool for effective and safe professional-quality microdermabrasion treatment that you can use in the comfort of your own home. It's a useful tool to get rid of uneven skin pigmentation and light scars. If you are looking to get radiant and young looking skin then this tool will help as research shows that serum and skin care products are absorbed twenty times better when used after microdermabrasion.
This device is quite simple to use. It can be used on your face or body. This device comes with two types of disc heads to use:
- • The smaller disc is for using on the face
- • The larger one is for using on the body
To prepare for the PMD Personal Microderm device, make sure you complete the following steps:
- 1. Carefully read the instruction manual and watch the instructional DVD before you begin using this device.
- 2. Thoroughly clean the skin and ensure that there is no oil, dirt and makeup.
- 3. Let the skin dry to make sure that the Microdermal Exfoliator (the disc head) works well. If the skin is moist, the disc won’t glide smoothly.
Here's your step-by-step guide to using the PMD Personal Microderm device:
- 1. Connect the device to the power cord and turn the connector until it locks in place.
- 2. Start your treatment with the least abrasive white training disc. Before you move to the skin of the face, try the device on the forearms or the neck area.
- 3. After practicing using the white disc, move to the blue disc.
- 4. To change the disc, pull out the white disc and push the blue disc onto the tool firmly.
- 5. If you feel that your skin needs more abrasion, try the green disc as it is coarser in comparison to the blue one. If you still aren’t satisfied, there is a red disc which assures maximum abrasiveness.
- 5. Twist the cap to tighten it against the black ring. Don’t forget to check that the disc is a little below the cap.
- 6. Once you are prepared, stretch the skin with a free hand and glide the tool smoothly on the skin.
- 7. Move the tool in an upward motion across the skin. Remember never move over the same area more than twice.
REMEMBER the following points:
- 1. Don’t hover on a single spot, simply move quickly around in straight lines.
- 2. Don’t treat areas like near the eyes and above the cheek bones as these are extremely sensitive.
- 3. Wash and dry the skin after the treatment. Apply a toner or moisturiser.
- 4. Don’t forget to clean the cap and filter of the tool after using it. You can use an antibacterial soap or rub alcohol to clean it.
Repeat this process after a week for best results.