Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion provides several important benefits for the skin. The treatment smoothes away dull and rough skin texture, and it softens fine lines, wrinkles, burn scars and acne scars. The treatment also improves the skin’s tone by fading uneven pigmentation, sun damage, age spots and skin blemishes. In addition, microdermabrasion which combines the power of a vacuum suction with exfoliation, reduces the formation of acne. The vacuum achieves this by clearing out clogged pores and releasing trapped dirt and oil. This leaves skin more clear and vibrant.
Microdermabrasion will rejuvenate the skin encouraging new collagen growth and cell renewal. Also, since the dead skin cells on the Stratum Corneum act as a barrier for the skin, once they are removed through microdermabrasion, skincare products will be more fully absorbed into the skin, maximising their effectiveness. All these microdermabrasion benefits combine to uncover youthful and radiant skin.
So why all the hype and buzz about the PMD device?
With Personal Microderm System, you can get all the benefits of a professional skin resurfacing treatment from the comfort of your home, at a fraction of the cost. Some people may pay what the cost of the system is for just one visit for a professional microdermabrasion treatment! The fact that you can use this device over and over again makes this device amazing value for amazing results!
The PMD System is a mix of professional crystal and diamond microdermabrasion tips. Like professional machines, PMD uses aluminium oxide crystals. The crystals make up a flat, sandy disc, similar to a professional diamond-tipped head. The PMD also uses suction or a vacuum action that serves to pull the skin closer to the sandy disc in order to abrade the skin and remove dead skin cells.
The PMD system is equipped with a white training disc to test initial tolerance - make sure you use it! There are other disc options available based on skin tolerance: sensitive (blue), medium (green) and maximum strength (red - available to buy serparately). In addition, the kit includes both small and large discs for use on the face and body, respectively.
Steps to follow when using an at-home microdermabrasion system:
You can use your own skin products with the PMD Personal Microderm device. Please make sure you read the directions and watch the video before you jump right into using it!
When you use the device there are certain steps that you must follow:
- 1. Cleanse face, remove oil, make-up and dirt. Dry your face really well.
- 2. Place your preferred disc (body or face) onto the motor shaft and screw on the cap that goes along with the disc.
- 3. Make sure to screw on tightly! There must be a tight seal in order to create sufficient suction.
- 4. Use one hand to hold the device and the other to hold your skin taut where the tip makes contact with skin.
- 5. Keep the unit moving constantly over your skin so you don't scrape too much skin in one spot.
- 6. DO NOT hover in one spot or go over any area twice.
- 6. Use light pressure with early treatments. As you become more skilled with the PMD you can be more aggressive.
- 7. The skin around the eyes is very sensitive and the PMD is too harsh for it, so make sure to stay above the eyebrows and below the cheek bones.
- 8. After you are done with treatment, make sure to use a good moisturiser.
- 9. Skin will be sensitive for a few days after your treatment, so be sure to use sunscreen.
Your face may be a little red/pink after use and it's completely normal. The PMD Personal Microderm can be used once a week.
Replacement discs can be purchased from our website (set of 6). Each disc should last though 3-4 treatments. A set of six should last six months.
If used correctly, PMD is a cost effective at-home alternative to a course of in-clinic microdermabrasion treatments. It's a recommended for those seeking more aggressive skin turnover than typical facial exfoliators provide.