My Review – Heliocare Advanced SPF 50 Gel
This ultra-smooth, easy-apply advanced sunscreen combines high technology mineral & non-mineral filters with photobiological protectants, featuring Fernblock, a natural fern extract unique to Heliocare. It is packed with antioxidants to fight free radicals, and also offers biological photo-protection, while Ultrasomes help to repair and protect damaged cells.
Although designed largely with those who have oily or blemish-prone skin in mind, the gel is not drying, so it is suitable for all skin types. The gentle nature of Heliocare Gel means it is fantastic for people who suffer from sensitive skin, sun allergy or rosacea. Heliocare is a brand which dermatologists always recommend.
I use the Heliocare Gel as my main sunscreen while on holiday. I have found some sun blocks to be very sticky, but this one is really comfortable and light. The product itself is more of a cream gel. It is also beige in colour which means that it’s easy to apply and doesn’t leave a white cast on your skin.
This sunscreen has many plus points:
– The scent is light and inoffensive
– Easy to apply and rubs in well
– Doesn’t leave a whitish cast
– You don’t need to wear a moisturiser under it as it feels so nourishing
– It sits really well under make-up
– Non-comedogenic and water resistant
– Helps provide DNA protection and repair
– It contains high sun protection -SPF 50 with UVA and UVB protection
Heliocare SPF 50 Gel is an excellent anti-ageing sun block for all skin types and colours.